Sound therapy is not a new concept. We have been using sound to heal since we first created rhythm and music. Our bodies are like our own musical instrument, and they can be tuned to our optimum physical balance. Utilizing one of the best tuning forks for healing is a great way to do this. Tapping tuning forks can alter our biochemistry and completely balance our entire being. Research shows that tuning forks can help us enter a deep state of relaxation, improve our mental clarity, relieve stress and even integrate the left and right brain through patterns. Read on to discover the 9 best tuning forks for healing and the worst 1 to avoid.
Reviews of the 9 Best Tuning Forks for Healing, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
- Radical Therapeutic Chakra Harmonic Planetary 26 Tuning Forks by Radical Review: Described as the ultimate healing kit, this package includes three sets of the best tuning forks for healing of 2020. The first is the harmonic spectrum set. Consisting of 8 tuning forks (a full octave). This create a series of overtones to promote cantering and relaxation. The second set is the chakra set. This set includes 7 forks – one for each chakra. Unlike the harmonic spectrum set, the chakra set is not tuned to a musical scale. Instead, they are tuned to work with the subtle body (the energetic body), and their sounds are calculated by the mathematical rotation of the planets around the sun. The final set is the precision set. There are 11 tuning forks in this set, all tuned to the tones of the 8 planets, Pluto, the sun, and the moon. The sound of each fork has a different quality and inspires a different physiological reaction in the human body.
- Radical 8 Chakra & Soul Purpose Cosmic weighted Healing Tuning Forks with Rubber Balls by Radical Review: Radical is a trusted manufacturer and supplier of tuning forks, and this Chakra balancing collection is one of their best sets of tuning forks for healing. The set includes 7 forks, one for each chakra. They are tuned to relate to the energetic body, rather than the physical body. The weighted balls mean that the forks can be tapped and placed on the part of the body related to the specific chakra you are trying to balance. The chakras are part of an energetic system from the Vedic tradition. Each chakra relates to a different part of our body and if unbalanced, or blocked, has different effects on our mental, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
- Radical Sacred Solfeggio Coloured Tuning Forks by Radical Review: Solfeggio frequencies make up the 6-tone scale believed to have been used in ancient sacred music, including the well-know Gregorian chants. When played in harmony, these tones are thought to bring about profound spiritual blessings. This particular set, from manufacturer Radical, will open your energy channels through the strong vibrations they create. As these forks are unweighted they are designed for use around the body and ears. To use, sit in a comfortable spot, tap a fork on the rubber mallet, then place it about 4” from your ear. Concentrate entirely on the tone until it has faded. These particular forks are an instrument and require regular practice in order to reap the benefits. Once you do, they will become your favourite tool for balancing the body, and the best tuning solfeggio tuning forks for healing.
- Solfeggio Tuning Forks by Omnivos Review: Omnivos are another trusted and reliable manufacturer of tuning forks for healing purposes. This set is tuned to the solfeggio frequencies and are the best omnivos tuning forks for healing. These forks can be used for tuning the body as well as the close environment. Tuning the energy of the space can create optimum surrounds for healing on a deeper, energetic level. Made of professional grade aluminium, these forks are approximately 26% harder, and ring for up to 20% longer, than other manufacturers of tuning forks. You can be sure this set of forks will last and continue to provide clear sounds for many years to come.
- Medivibe Tuning Forks Review: This set of fork tuning forks, ranging in length and frequency, are the best Medivibe tuning forks for healing on the market. Using all four of these tuning forks at one time creates a pleasing major chord to delight the senses and promote deep energetic healing. These Medivibe tuning forks are originally designed for classroom use. They are simple and practical, yet provide a clear and profound sound. Purchasing this set means you can use it on yourself, or you can easily introduce others to the magic and intensity of healing tuning forks.
- Radical 8 Chakra & Soul Weighted Healing Forks by Radical Review: These weighted healing tuning forks are the best radical tuning forks for healing and are great for use around the body. The weight means they can be placed directly on the body so you can achieve healing vibrations straight into the physical being. Using these simple yet powerful tools will help to balance and align the chakras. Their frequencies are based on the mathematical rotations of the planets around the sun, and developed by mathematician and musicologist Hans Cousto. They have been designed to work with our subtle body and ignite healing on a deep, energetic level. Each fork is related to each chakra and can be used on the specific body part associated with them. The inclusion of the 8th Soul Purpose chakra, makes these forks the best radical tuning forks for healing.
- Nine Chakra Tuning Fork Set by Tuningforkshop Review: Normally, Chakra sets only include 7 turning forks. This set however, is composed of 9. It includes one for each Chakra, plus the 8th soul purpose chakra, and Earth Star (also known as low ohm). The soul purpose chakra acts as a doorway between the soul and the earthly personality. The belief behind this Vedic tradition, is that your soul has entered the physical world with an intention. This has to do with learning lessons and personal evolution. Your higher self is always aware of the soul’s purpose, but your personality often gets caught up in the tasks of day-to-day life, losing awareness of your true path. The inclusion of these two extra tuning forks make them the best tuning forks for healing chakras. Not only can they help to balance the chakras, but they also provide a pathway to understanding the greater mysteries of life and our souls eternal relationship with it.
- Nine Sacred Solfeggio Tuning Forks by Tuningforkshop Review: This set of 9 tuning forks comes with an attractive velvet pouch and a rubber mallet. The forks are tuned to the sacred frequencies known as the Solfeggio Sequence. These original sound frequencies were used in Ancient Gregorian chants, often sung in harmony during religious ceremonies. This gives the sounds a deeply spiritual feel. The nine standard frequencies possess qualities such as; liberating fear and guilt, igniting change, improving connection and relationships, awakening intuition, and returning to spirit. Using these forks will help you heal at deeper levels, and inspire you to help others to do the same.
- OM Tuning Fork by Kalea Review: Although this set only includes one tuning fork, it is of extremely high caliber and possesses many qualities for ultimate healing and relaxation. The fork comes with a bead on its end, making it perfect for using the tuning fork on your skin. The bead warms the skin temperature to enable your body to receive the vibration easily. Exceptionally well made, this fork can boost relaxation, improve mental and physical performance and enhance the effects of any alternative treatments you are receiving or giving. It works perfectly in conjunction with meditation, acupuncture and massage therapy.
- 7 Chakra Tuning Fork Set by Tuningforkshop Review: This very basic tuning fork set are some of the worst tuning forks for healing on the market. They claim to be made from high quality aluminium and correspond to each individual chakra. However, when played these forks emit a tinny sound and are clearly of a low quality. When struck they can take up to 20 seconds to reach the correct frequency and often fail to stabilise, making them unsuitable for effective healing. To avoid disappointment, and invite real change into your life, opt for one of the tuning fork sets above.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Tuning Forks for Healing
When it comes to finding the best tuning forks for healing, there are a few things that should be considered. First, determine your budget. It is better to purchase fewer, better quality forks, than a large set of low caliber ones. Is this your first time using a tuning fork? If so opt for a smaller set that is easier to use. Lastly, consider how, where and when you will be using the forks.
3 Main Points to Consider
- What is your budget?: Ultimately your budget will determine the set of forks you purchase. However, expensive does not always mean better quality, and more economical does not always equate with poor manufacturing. If you can, buy a set made from stainless steel, as this will last longer and sound better than aluminium. If your budget is lower and you are interested in tuning forks, make sure to buy a single good quality fork to get the most out of its healing properties. For a higher budget, it would be best to go for a set of well-manufactured forks that can be played simultaneously.
- How much experience do you have with tuning forks?: If you are a beginner to using forks, start by understanding what is it that peaked your interest. Perhaps you have become more aware of energy work and have a specific blockage you want to work through, or maybe you are undergoing another kind of alternative treatment and also want to explore sound therapy. Whatever your interests are, pick the set of tuning forks which best respond to your situation. If you are already well-versed in the world of sound therapy and simply want to add to your collection, go for a set that compliments what you already have. For example if you already have tools for healing chakras, opt for a solfeggio set.
- Where and how you will be using the tuning forks: Tuning forks are great components to other forms of alternative healing. They can be used during guided meditation, Reiki and many other kinds of deep energy work. If you are already a professional in the field of alternative healing, choose a set of forks that will truly benefit your clients. Perhaps some that are easily played and allow for direct skin contact. Consider how many will be receiving the sound healing – is it just one person, or are you considering a sound bath with multiple recipients? Whatever your situation is, be sure to pick the set that best responds to your needs and the needs of your clients.
What are some recommended tuning with healing forks techniques for beginners?
One of the best tuning techniques for beginners is known as the knee tap. Start by holding one tuning fork in each hand. Hold the stems with moderate pressure – neither too tight, nor too loose. Tap the flat side of each fork on each knee cap (be careful not to hit your knee cap, a gentle tap will be enough). Bring the forks to your ears slowly, and listen to how the notes sound about 5 inches away from your ears. When the sound ceases, lower your forks, and wait 15-30 seconds before tapping them again.
Best Tuning Forks for Healing (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts of Buying the Best Tuning Forks for Healing
Tuning forks are wonderful instruments that have the ability to align our inner tuning through resonating frequencies. The vortex of sound they create leads us to a still point, where we are able to retune our beings. Purchasing a set of tuning forks will enable you to reset your nervous system, relax easier, and relieve stress. Once you are accustomed to the magic of tuning forks, you will surely want to help others achieve the same.