Thanks to major home décor influencers like ABC Carpet and Home, Urban Outfitters, and various independent decorators who have celebrity-status on social media platforms like Instagram, Himalayan Salt Lamps are a huge trend in home and office décor. Not only are the best salt lamps a soothing, beautiful touch to any home or office, they also carry several physical and emotional health benefits. If you’ve been trying to find a salt lamp for awhile, this review will be different than other articles you may have encountered because I’ve considered other options for salt lamps, such as wall plug ins, metal baskets, and interchangeable colored bulbs. Given that these lamps are on the rise in popularity, I’ve reviewed several salt lamps on the market and hand picked six unique salt lamps you should consider if you want in on this beautiful and beneficial trend.
Review of the 6 Best Himalayan Salt Lamps, Plus 1 to Avoid
- WBM Himalayan Glow 1002 Hand Carved Natural Salt Lamp with Genuine Neem Wood Base/Bulb and Dimmer Control, Crystal, Amber, 8 – 9-Inch, 8 – 11 lb Review – Best Selling Himalayan Salt Lamp: This lamp is a number-one bestseller on Amazon for a reason: it is the classic Himalayan salt lamp traditionally found in wellness and massage clinics, home good stores, and trendy boutiques. Crafted in Pakistan, the WBM lamp handcrafted of pure Himalayan salt and emits a warm glow that can be adjusted to illuminate a brighter, vibrant glow or a calming, gentle glow. The WBM comes in several sizes and weights, which provides convenient versatility for various settings at home and at work. Since each WBM model is handcrafted from pure Himalayan salt, each lamp naturally varies slightly in shape and color, which makes purchasing one a welcome surprise to see which type you’ll get! The quality is at an affordable price, making this model an excellent choice for a first time buyer.
- Crystal Allies Gallery CA SLS-S-2pc Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp with Dimmable Switch and 6′ UL-Listed Cord (2 Pack) Review – Best Price for a Himalayan Salt Lamp: The Crystal Allies set features two traditional, hand carved Himalayan Salt lamps for the price of one! Despite this low price tag, Crystal Allies lamps are high quality: they are made of pure, natural Himalayan salt, rest on a beautiful rosewood base, and also spot a dimmer. If this is your first Himalayan Salt lamp purchase and you can’t decide where to put this charming investment, Crystal Allies is an excellent, economical solution by providing you with two lamps at the same cost of the popular WBM lamp. They also come in a variety of sizes to accommodate any space. Some ideas include: placing one lamp on each nightstand in a bedroom, hospital or wellness center, bathroom and kitchen counters, and on your windowsill.
- Crystal Decor Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp Metal Basket with Dimmable Cord Review – Best Himalayan Salt Lamp Gift Idea: Crystal Décor beautifully departs from the traditional salt lamp model with its unique metal baskets full of lush, Himalayan salt crystals. Its petite, square basket design makes the Crystal Décor salt lamp a nice touch to any desk, kitchen, or bathroom. Crystal Décor Himalayan Salt lamps make for thoughtful gifts for any occasion. Crystal Décor features several beautiful metal basket designs such as: angel, flower, Jesus, leaf, snowflake, star, and sun. Additionally, the salt crystals can be re-arranged inside to add a personal touch. All Crystal Décor products are also made with natural, Himalayan Salt, durable iron basket design, and a dimmer.
- Himalayan CrystalLitez Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp in A Handcrafted and Unique Artisan Bowl, Natural Air Purifier and Aromatherapy Salt Lamp, Over 40 Glowing Designs To Choose From Review – Best Fire Bowl Salt Lamp: The Himalayan CrystalLitez Himalayan Salt Lamps are my personal favourite for its beauty, simplicity, and price. Organic Himalayan Salt rocks are arranged in a beautiful, handcrafted metal bowl featuring an artisanal design. Sporting a petite size and available in over 40 unique designs, the Himalayan CrystalLitez Salt Lamps are a charming addition to any room and make for excellent gifts. Their unique design make them a nice compliment to any indoor greenery, art, hallway and simple room in need of a personal touch.
- Syntus Himalayan Salt Lamp Natural Crystal Salt Light Glow Hand Carved – Night Lights Wall light Review – Best Portable Himalayan Salt Lamp: Do you enjoy the benefits of your Himalayan Salt lamp? Do you wish you could always have it around on work trips, vacations, and short getaways? Do you wish you could leave your salt lamp on all throughout the night, without worrying about the electricity bills or overheating your lamp? Are the traditional, long cord plugs found in some of the best salt lamps impeding your ability to use them in certain rooms? The Syntus Himalayan Salt Lamp Wall Light is the perfect solution! This lamp’s portable, wall light design makes it easy to plug this lamp virtually anywhere: bathrooms, nurseries, hotel rooms, and hospitals. Its smaller design features a lower wattage, making it a safe choice as a nightlight. Additionally, if you work with or near a lot of electronics, the Syntus Himalayan Salt Lamp Wall Light can easily plug in to any adjacent wall outlet to ionize the air and reduce radiation.
- HOCINA Natural Himalayan Rock Salt Mini Lamp Multi Color Change with Wood Base, USB Powered & LED (Bulbs Included) Review: If you’ve been on the hunt for a Himalayan salt lamp, you’ll notice that there are few aesthetic differences amongst your options. Nearly all lamps come in a variety of natural, cosmetic differences in colors ranging from orange to a light rose pink. The Hocina lamp stands out for its interchangeable colors, suitable for any room or healing needs. The Hocina lamp is made of natural, white Himalayan salt and comes with interchangeable colored lightbulbs which turn the lamp into three different hues: green, blue, and red. This is a nice lamp for children’s bedrooms, hospitals, and therapy centers that focus on chakra healing.
- Lumière Himalayan Salt Lamps Review – Avoid This Himalayan Salt Lamp Brand! The Lumière Himalayan salt lamps, which were exclusively sold in Michaels’ craft stores from Michaels between July 2016 and November 2016, were recalled by the US Product Safety Commission due to a significant fire hazard risk caused by the dimmer switch and outlet plug. Any of the Lumiere Himalayan Salt Lamp models (Rock of Gibraltar – SKU 495144, UPC 00886946056253), Carnival of Lights – SKU 495433, UPC 00886946058325 and Basket of Rocks – SKU 495146, UPC 00886946056277) can overheat and cause ignition, shock, and fire. Although the retailer took care to remove over 80,000 lamps from its inventory, there may be a chance that these dangerous products are still on the market. Make sure to be safe than sorry and ensure that the lamp you are purchasing is not a Lumière Himalayan Salt lamp!
2020 Guide to Buying the Best Himalayan Salt Lamp:
Himalayan salt lamps are easy to use and are a warm addition to any home, office, hospital, or wellness center. It’s no secret why their popularity, just like mala beads, has increased recently: the health benefits of these lamps are transformative and healing. Since there are a variety of lamps on the market, you may want to consider the following features:
- The Manufacturer: Since Himalayan salt lamps are extremely popular right now, some companies are trying to capitalize on this craze by either selling fake salt lamps or lamps with poor dimmer quality. Always check up on the manufacturer (especially if you are considering a brand that isn’t listed above) to ensure that you are getting a lamp made of actual Himalayan salt. If it’s hard to tell, read the product reviews: if the lamp gives off a funny smell or has orange and pinkish colors that come off of it – it is a fake. Additionally, some reputable manufacturers may be reducing the quality of their authentic lamps – especially with the dimmer control. Always read the reviews to make sure you’re not purchasing a subpar product.
- The Size: Since Himalayan salt lamps are typically carved from large blocks of salt, they look, feel, and weigh like miniature salt glaciers. All sellers list the dimensions of their lamps, but be mindful that smaller doesn’t always mean lighter: some lamps are heavier because they are taken from thicker chunks of salt. This is important to consider if you intend to place your salt lamp on delicate surfaces or in your child’s room. They are fairly heavy, so choose wisely!
- Intended Results for Himalayan Salt Lamps: If you suffer from severe environmental allergens, seasonal affective disorder, or are looking to improve how your environment impacts the mood, you may want consider purchasing a salt lamp that comes in either a set of two lamps, or, also features candle holders made of Himalayan salt. These are economical solutions that will help you achieve your intended results sooner: you can place more lamps and/or use candles in other areas you spend a lot of time in speed up your intended results.
Do Salt Crystal Lamps Really Work? Yes, in Two Ways …
- Air Purification: It is a scientific fact that salts and salt lamps are hygroscopic: the properties of salt lamps allow them to attract moisture in the air and cleanse it. As mentioned above, the water in the air we breathe contains mold, pollution, dust, dander, and various other toxins and allergens. When the lamp is on, the heated salt rapidly attracts the water molecules in the air and cleanses them through a process called ionization. If you have ever felt, breathed, or smelled the air after a thunderstorm, you are experiencing ionized air. This means that the air has been fully purified and cleared of any toxins, which is why it feels light, clear, and peaceful to breathe. Just by turning on a Himalayan salt lamp, you can have this same feeling. There are a variety of other air purifiers that use deionization, but they come in large, bulky, and ugly machines. A Himalayan salt lamp is a beautiful, natural alternative that can give you the same results and brighten up your environment at the same time.
- Mood Stabilizer: Himalayan salt lamps emit a soft glow. Soft, warm lights have been scientifically linked to more positive, peaceful moods and are typically used to treat chronic anxiety, depression, and seasonal affective disorders. Himalayan salt lamps are also recommended by light and color therapists who work with clients who suffer from depression and anxiety, citing the peaceful, warm glow of these lamps as successful treatments to help regulate and stable bad moods.
Pros and Cons of Himalayan Salt Lamps
- Pros: Himalayan salt lamps provide many physiological and psychological health benefits. Himalayan Salt, when heated, operates like an antiseptic, air purifier. When warmed salt interacts with the air, it attracts and filters the water particles we breathe in. Allergens, mold, toxins, and pollution are found in the water particles in our air. By attracting and deionizing the water particles, salt lamps purify the environment. If you suffer from poor sleep, allergies, or other immune disorders triggered by environmental toxins, a Himalayan salt lamp can reverse these symptoms. Electrical equipment, such as computers and hospital equipment, create more moisture in the air, which is why these lamps are often used to counteract the adverse affects of technology in our environment. This air purification process also allows for more oxygen to freely flow in the environment, making breathing significantly easier. Additionally, the warm, present glow of the lamp has been found to alleviate anxiety, depression, and seasonal affective disorder. The longer the lamp is on, the stronger the results.
- Cons: Since the salt in the lamps attract water, the lamps “sweat” salt and water from time to time. Depending on how many environmental toxins are in your environment, along with the humidity, moisture, and even barometric pressure (i.e. before and during a rain, hail, or snow storm), can create rivers of “sweat” for these lamps. Be careful to keep your lamp away from anything that may be ruined or in danger of getting wet and/or getting salt particles on it.
Dangers of Himalayan Salt Lamps:
Since Himalayan salt lamps are very popular right now, it is critical that you ensure that your lamp is made of real, Himalayan salt. Mass manufacturers will try to capitalize on this trend by selling you lamps made of plastic, plain rock, or synthetic materials that are painted to look like the natural white, orange and pinkish hues of a salt lamp. Using fake Himalayan salt lamps will cause more harm: when turned on, they will send the toxic chemicals of these lamps and the paint into the air, contributing to the very allergens and toxins you are hoping to get rid of.
Even reputable sellers may be offering a faulty product. Read the reviews thoroughly and make sure that all the parts are working properly for safe, long term use. The dimmer is often targeted for design flaws that pose a huge safety risk for electrical fire.
Best Himalayan Salt Lamps (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Himalayan Salt Lamp:
I hope you enjoyed my review of 7 different Himalayan salt lamps. All of these lamps are from reputable, ethical manufactures who stand behind their products. I hope you’re able to determine the best salt lamp that fits your needs. Keep in mind, salt lamps and singing bowls are great compliments to any Reiki or meditation room!
Thanks in advance your leaving a comment below and please pin and share this article if you find it helpful in any way 🙂