Now that you’ve invested in the perfect Reiki table to suit your practice needs, the next step in building your Reiki practice toolkit is to invest in an equally durable, and high quality face cradle for your client’s comfort and ease of use and access as a Reiki healer. No matter the type of Reiki table, luckily, all face cradles can easily fit and attach themselves to any Reiki table. Here are my reviews of the best massage face cradles.
- 6 Best Massage Face Cradles for Your Reiki Table, Plus 1 to Avoid
6 Best Massage Face Cradles for Your Reiki Table, Plus 1 to Avoid
- Therapist’s Choice Basic Massage Face Cradle Cushion Review: The Basic Massage Face Cradle Cushion from Therapist’s Choice is an ideal counterpart for practitioners and center owners who are looking for a generic, starter massage face cradle that is both economical and provides a high level of customer satisfaction. This standard face cradle cushion features a universal design, so it will not only fit any Reiki/message table you own but also any additional accessories such as sheets (fabric and disposable), covers, and carrying case pockets. This face cradle boasts a super comfortable and durable design with thick padding and also features two additional Velcro strips in the back to provide additional security in use. Therapist’s Choice offers this product in three different colors as well: burgundy, black and crème, which is a thoughtful touch if you’re hoping to match your table.
- Royal Massage Adjustable Massage Table Face Cradle Assembly Review: The Royal Massage line definitely lives up to its name. This adjustable massage table face cradle by Royal Massage is comfortable and luxurious enough for royalty. The Royal Massage brand adjustable massage table face cradle boasts a sturdy, adjustable design that allows you to set a comfortable height and angle for your client’s head and neck comfort. This unique feature also makes this face cradle super easy to store: it easily folds up, which is ideal for those of you who are travelling Reiki healers. Its universal design and size makes this face cradle a no-brainer addition to your massage table. The Royal Massage face cradle also has adjustable Velcro strips, which can steadily secure an accompanying face cushion or face pillow.
- MT Ergonomic Dream LX Face Cradle for Massage Table Review: Don’t be fooled by the minimalistic and sleek design of the MT Ergonomic Dream LX Face Cradle: this is one of the most high-quality and luxurious massage face cradles out there for a very reasonable price. The incredibly innovative, sleek and ergonomic design of the MT Ergonomic Dream LX Face Cradle features a curved crossbar and arched wings intentionally designed to comfortably support the typical forehead and occasional cheekbone pressure your clients may feel with other brands and types of face cradles. The MT Ergonomic Dream LX Face Cradle’s sleek design is also incredibly sturdy thanks to its lockable ribbon and Velcro supports that also allow you to safely and comfortably rotate it up to 180 degrees to suit your clients’ needs. Not only is the MT Ergonomic Dream LX Face Cradle incredibly comfortable to rest your head, but adds an extra element of bliss: on either side of the face cradle there are aroma-containers that allow you to diffuse essential oils. The MT Ergonomic Dream LX Face Cradle is the perfect face cradle for Reiki practitioners who are looking to provide a blissful, spa-like experience for their clients and is a must-have for Reiki healers who love to work with essential oils. Luckily, the MT Ergonomic Dream LX Face Cradle fits nearly all massage tables and face cradles (it has an 8 inch dowel size).
- Sierra Comfort Ergonomic Face Cradle for Portable Massage Table with Adjustable Tilt Review: If you’re familiar with the Sierra Comfort product line of massage tables, neck pillows, and other healing accessories, you won’t be too surprised to learn that the Sierra Comfort Ergonomic Face Cradle for Portable Massage Table with Adjustable Tilt is the perfect accompanying family member. This elegant face cradle from Sierra Comfort features an incredibly lightweight aluminum frame and head base, which is just perfect for the travelling Reiki healer. Using the latest technology, the Sierra Comfort Ergonomic Face Cradle for Portable Massage Table with Adjustable Tilt’s unique aluminum frame allows it to not only be very secure, but also have a useful, ergonomic design that allows you and your clients to rotate it in any direction. The Sierra Comfort Ergonomic Face Cradle for Portable Massage Table with Adjustable Tilt is universally designed to easily fit and adjust to any brand of massage table as well.
- Master Massage Simplicity Cradle for Massage Table Face Cushion Review: This beautiful, futuristic and cutting edge massage face cradle by Master Massage is based on the latest innovative technological and agronomical design research for Reiki and massage practitioners. This beautiful face cradle allows for the maximum flexibility for head and neck support by adapting to the unique shape and features of your client’s face (and resetting itself after you are done with the session for the next client). The Master Massage Simplicity Cradle has a universal design to fit any and all massage tables and is also height adjustable to suit your client’s physiology and comfort.
- Dr. LomiLomi BeautyArc Adjustable Aluminum Headrest Face Cradle Review: Dr. LomiLomi brings a beautiful and elegant massage cradle to the market with the gorgeous and feather-light weight BeautyArc face cradle. The BeautyArc face cradle by Dr. Iomilomi features a curved and delicate face shape plate that intuitively and comfortably contours itself to your client’s facial lines in order to provide responsive, unique and safe support to their head and neck during a Reiki treatment. Although the BeautyArc weighs in only over just a pound, it is incredibly sturdy with its additional, durable ABS faceplate and aluminum posts for extra support to your massage table. The BeautyArc has a universal design that will accommodate most brands of head and face rest cushions and will easily and securely fit to most massage tables.
- Therapist’s Choice Aluminum Adjustable Face Cradle for Massage Table Review: If you’ve been researching the best Reiki equipment on the market, you’ll notice that the Therapist’s Choice brand is mostly top-notch. However, this is unfortunately a product that needs some overhaul for this reputable brand. The Therapist’s Choice Aluminum Adjustable Face Cradle is incredibly flimsy and doesn’t easily fit alternative massage table models or sizes. Instead, there is a tendency for the face cradle to snap off, both during assembly and even when you are with a client. What’s even worse is that customers have cautioned that they believed this face cradle was steady and secure in place, but found out that it was quite the opposite once their client was in session. As a Reiki practitioner, you never want to be in the position of putting your client in danger, so it’s best to avoid this product as it has a tendency to break, especially when in use!
2018 Guide to the Best Massage Face Cradle for Your Reiki Table:
Many of the same thoughtful considerations that go into purchasing the best Reiki table for your practice also go into ensuring that you invest in a quality, safe, and comfortable massage face cradle to accompany it. Always put your client’s comfort (as you would when selecting massage sheets) and safety first, above anything else. Since the head and neck are sensitive areas that are easily prone to discomfort that can radiate into back pain, it’s important to consider massage face cradles that are comfortable, adjustable, flexible, and sturdy.
Top 4 Brands of Massage Face Cradle:
It may seem like all massage face cradles are the same, but each company takes a different approach to providing maximum comfort and safety for your client. Below are my top five picks for the best massage face cradles for your Reiki table:
- Sierra Comfort: For over 10 years, Sierra Comfort is one of the leading brands in healing equipment. Sierra Comfort’s specializes in creating quality, client-centered equipment (such as tables, bolsters, and face cradles) for Reiki, massage, and acupuncture healing activities. As equipment specialists, Sierra Comfort pays close attention to not only the latest healing techniques and trends, but also what clients are looking for in a comfortable, relaxing, and healing session, all to ensure that their customers and customer’s clients are mutually satisfied. Sierra Comfort values their customers and features specialty items and accessories made specifically for Sierra Comfort brand equipment. They have excellent customer service and a 30 year warrantee on all products. If you’re not only looking to invest in your tools but also create a relationship with a company, Sierra Comfort is there for you.
- Therapist’s Choice: Therapists’ Choice is one of the leading brands in wellness and alternative care, especially in the realm of physical therapy. Although the company’s origins are a mystery, rumor has it that their founders wanted to create products that they wish they had when they were starting out as healers and physical therapists. Therapist’s Choice is a popular brand due to their high-quality materials at an affordable price. They are best suited for the Reiki practitioner looking to get a lot of mileage out of their investment, especially since they are known for their durable, long-lasting quality and excellent lifetime customer service and warranty.
- Master Massage: Master Massage wants its clients to have an artful, masterful and luxurious experience with their impressive line of products. The Master Massage brand of healing equipment and tools, although primarily geared toward massage therapists, are also pretty suitable for us Reiki practitioners. You’ll find some great accessories and thoughtful additions that can support your client’s healing experience, such as essential oils, blankets, sheets, and comfortable face and neck pillows. Customers value Master Massage brand for kicking up their tools a notch, giving their clients and practice a professional, spa-like experience. Although Master Massage products are a bit more expensive, you’ll find that your clients will appreciate the extra mile for the special experience you want them to have with Reiki in the simplest of ways.
- Earthlite: Earthlite is a high-quality and affordable brand that many amateur healers flock to. Consider Earthlite the IKEA of healing equipment and accessories companies: they have some excellently designed and easy to assemble and use products that are ideal for anyone who just starting out with their healing practice. If you’re not sure what type of products you need or want, Earthlite is an underwhelming company to start off with that will provide you with excellent customer support every step of the way.
3 Factors to Consider Before Investing in a Massage Face Cradle for Your Reiki Table:
- Flexibility: Even during something so soothing such as a Reiki healing session, your client will inevitable move around, and, especially their head; and, if you have a client who needs extra attention to their head, eyes, ears, and the beginning of the spine, you’re going to really want to make sure that you invest in a massage face cradle that can support this area super comfortably. Look for products that not only offer flexibility under the head and neck, but also mold into the clients’ facial features so that they are not pressing against cold, solid material during an otherwise relaxing session.
- Security: Let’s face it, face cradles are the flimsiest part of the massage Reiki table since they are detachable and hang off easily. You’re going to want to look for face cradles that come with extra supports in place, such as Velcro, latches, or even guarantee that they “click” into place when attached to the table. Your client’s safety, especially when the head and neck are concerned, is your number one priority. Make sure that if you mix and match brands you still provide a sturdy experience with the particular face cradle and table combination used. Even though nearly all face cradles are universally designed, you’ll want to check to make sure that yours fits snugly to your table before finding out the hard way with your client.
- Universal Design: Let’s say your favorite brand decides to go out of business. In that case, you’ll need to cross your fingers and toes to make sure that other accessories for your table are compatible with it, otherwise you’ll have to reinvest in everything all over again. Although most face cradles are typically universal (meaning, they can fit any table), you’ll want to double check the specs of the attachment poles and width of the cradle to make sure that it not only fits, but also provides enough support to your client throughout the session. Adjustable, universally designed face cradles are an extra bonus: that way, you’ll be able to adjust the distance from the face cradle to the table, which is necessary for clients who are tall or need additional support for their head and neck.
How to Make Your Twin Sheet Pillow Case Look Professional on the Face Cradle:
I hope you enjoyed this review of the best massage face cradle for your Reiki table. Congratulations on completing your toolbox of necessary equipment for your Reiki practice! The more fun part, which is purchasing accessories such as sheets, blankets, bolsters, and face cradle covers, awaits you. I wish you the best of luck as you begin to formalize your practice.
Thanks in advance for leaving a comment below and please pin and share this article if you find it helpful in any way 🙂
Love and Light,