Oracle cards, often thought of as “fortunetellers”, may be used to provide symbolic guidance and subjective clarity to critical life situations. Two different people can interpret the same cards in entirely different ways, so they act as a means of guidance rather than the power to change the future. As a result, people will connect to different decks differently, which will guide any buying choices. There are many different choices for imagery and spiritual connection, and even skeptics are able to find a connection with one of the best oracle cards decks.
Reviews of the 15 Best Oracle Cards, Plus 1 Deck to Avoid
- Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards Review – best oracle card deck: This deck provides both powerful and loving guidance from goddesses of different cultures, and allows you to connect with your own inner goddess. It comes with an accompanying guide that allows accurate reading for you and your loved ones. This Goddess Guidance deck can be used on its own or in combination with other Doreen Virtue cards, and is very reasonable priced for 44 cards.
- Archangel Oracle Cards Review: This is another extremely popular deck that can be used in conjunction with the previous set. There are 15 archangels, and they provide powerful wisdom and love. Depending on prior spiritual experiences, these cards can be very easy to connect with and trust.
- Wisdom of the Hidden Realms Oracle Cards: A 44-Card Deck and Guidebook Review – Most Beautiful Oracle Cards: This set focuses on the balance between the material and physical. Humans are meant to discover divine wisdom through nature, which bridges nature and spirit. The creator of these cards, Colette Baron-Reid, is a proponent of Jungian Psychology and cultivates self-help through warmth and lightheartedness. The accompanying guide is quite practical, and readers enjoy the creative and whimsical qualities of these cards.
- The Witches Oracle Review: Witches may sometimes have bad connotations in our society, but Witch Oracle cards will provide insight and healing guidance that embraces the positive. Each card contains an incantation that provides energy while reinforcing the card’s meaning, and it can be used in combination with other decks as well.
- Messages from Your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle Cards: A 44-Card Deck and Guidebook Review – Best Oracle Card Deck for Beginners: These cards are beautifully simple and great for beginners, making this deck appropriate even for children to use. The advice from these cards and guidebook is clear and gentle. Overall, it is very accessible to those of different backgrounds.
- Druid Animal Oracle Hardcover Review: This deck focuses on the animals as guides, guardians, and protectors, in the tradition of Celtic lore. The artwork is based off of sacred geometry, which shaped the architecture of many ancient Celtic structures. In addition to cards based off Druid lore, there are also medicine cards that are based off Native American tradition. This set is rich in tradition and is meant to help the reader connect to spiritual heritage. Comes with deck, cards and spread cloth.
- Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals Review: This set provides natural guidance in the Native American tradition and is one of the originals. In addition to using the cards, the guiding book allows the reader to find symbolism and guidance through encounters he or she may have with animals in dreams or real life.
- Power Animal Oracle Cards: Practical and Powerful Guidance from Animal Spirit Guides – Steven D. Farmer, Ph D.
- Power Animal Oracle Cards: Practical and Powerful Guidance from Animal Spirit Guides Steven D. Farmer Review: These cards provide both protection and healing. Power Animals contains 44 oracle cards as well as a guide to help novice and advanced readers understand the readings. These cards are not connected with Native American tradition but rather other cultural traditions of animal symbolism. Many long-time oracle readers recommend this deck as part of a collection.
- Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards: The Complete Spiritual Toolkit for Transforming Your Life Review: These cards act as a way to merge intuition and intention. Chakra Wisdom can be incorporated as part of your meditation practice. Think of them as energy medicine that can clear negative and stagnant energy. The physical cards are very sturdy and high quality.
- Wisdom of the Oracle Divination Cards: Ask and Know Review: These cards have fused elements of several traditions, including I-Ching, Norse, and Tarot. This deck has 52 cards and a guide to interpret the many meanings this deck may have. The interpretations can be split into five categories: essential, oracle, prosperity, relationship and protection, with the most meaning taken from the area in your life that needs most guidance.
- Earth Magic Oracle Cards: A 48-Card Deck and Guidebook Review: This 48-card deck includes guidance from the earth elements that contains down-to-earth advice and healing. The Earth Magic artwork is aesthetically pleasing and their advice is both clear and understandable.
- The Enchanted Map Oracle Cards Review: This 54-card deck will guide you through your spiritual journey and includes places you may visit as well as people you may encounter. The Enchanted Map cards aim to help you understand your own fate and free will. These oracle cards help with mindfulness and when you relax into them, you may notice a feeling of deep personal connection to them.
- Native Spirit Oracle Cards: A 44-Card Deck and Guidebook Review: These cards are based off the tradition of Cherokee folklore and inspired by a sacred mountain. The quality of the Native Spirit card stock and the illustrations is very high, and the interpretations are easy to understand for novices.
- Keepers of the Light Oracle Cards Reviews: This whimsical deck draws upon different spiritual traditions, and is effective to balance the masculine and feminine energies. Keepers of the Light author, Kyle Gray, also has a background in astrology, and the artwork in these cards contains vibrant colors and energetic dialogue.
- Shamanic Healing Oracle Cards Review: These cards focus on the importance of symbolism in our human psyche. Shamanic Healing cards aim to create spiritual clarity and energetic healing. Shamanism deals with interactions with the spirit world and these cards are a way to access these without altering the state of mind.
- Earth Wisdom Oracle Review – One to Avoid: This deck does not contain many cards for its price, and the interpretation guide is not very clear. Compared to other Earth-inspired decks, this one is not the best value and practitioners of all skill levels would be better off with a different deck.
Top Deck Makers and Oracle Card Brands:
Doreen Virtue: Doreen Virtue is highly educated in counseling psychology, and is known for her clairvoyance. She has had many television appearances, including Oprah, The View, and Good Morning America. She is a well-known public speaker and presents workshops internationally. She is particularly well known for her angel decks and her advice is full of optimism. View more of her work here …
Colette Baron-Reid: Colette Baron-Reid is a Canadian psychic and singer. She ran a TV show called “Messages from Spirit,” and other TV appearances from her include a segment on Dr. Phil. She currently hosts two radio shows and has released two books and three oracle card decks from Hay House Publishing. Her Wisdom of the Oracle Divination cards are among the most reliable and powerful on this list. View more of her work here …
Steven D. Farmer: Steven D. Farmer has experience as a shamanic practitioner, and is an expert in psychotherapy and trauma. His healing is based on nature and Earth magic, which makes his animal spirit guide cards very reliable. His healing is full of both optimism and realism and he is also an ordained minister. View more of his work here …
2017 Guide to the Best Oracle Cards:
Cards are based on Pythagorean numerology and can provide guidance for daily decisions and larger decisions such as career and love choices. They also work upon the principle of the Law of Attraction so that you will receive the cards that impact your life most directly. The cards are a healthy exercise in intuition.
Different Types of Oracle Cards: Angels, Witches and Animals
Guidance can be received from different mediums. The different types of oracle cards primarily differ between artwork and the advice that the cards provide. The most common oracle cards include Angels, Witches, and Animals, and within each category these decks differ quite a lot between sellers. The ones that resonate most with you largely depend on your own personal beliefs. Angels are valued for their loving wisdom, and often the cards reflect the advice of the archangels. This deck is most easily connected to readers with a Catholic background. Witches, while often considered sinister in some cultures, are valued for their healing and seeing capabilities. Lastly, animals are connected to various lores and provide simple, kind, and helpful advice.
How to use oracles cards in your Reiki or healing journey?
The oracle cards will help you make life decisions that will clear you of negative energy. Here is how the cards are properly used:
- Clear your cards of negative energy when you first receive them or after another person has touched them. Hold them with one hand and then sweep your other hand over them and say a prayer of intention that the cards receive good energy.
- Introduce your energy to the cards by touching each one briefly, and then fanning the cards with the artwork facing you.
- While you shuffle the cards, think of the question you would like to ask, or have the person you are drawing for think their question, as there is no need to say it aloud.
- Learn to use your intuition to decide how long to shuffle and many cards to draw so that you may have a complete message. You can also draw from the top of the deck or anywhere you feel drawn to. If cards fall out while you are shuffling they are meant to be in the reading and are set aside.
Tarot cards vs. oracle cards: similarities and differences
Both Tarot and Oracle cards are used to help guide the reader to make life decisions. Tarot cards have a slightly more complicated structure, as they contain 78 cards with 22 major arcana and 56 minor arcana. The 56 cards are then broken down into suits, and the position in the suit holds symbolism, which makes their guidance more concrete and harder to read for a beginner. Oracle cards have much less rigid structure and provide more opportunity to cultivate intuition. In the end, both have merit but one may make the reader feel more positive energy than the other.
Do oracle cards really work?
Oracle cards may help you feel more secure in your sense of intuition. They are best suited to open-ended questions. Even if the first card you draw feels unclear, you can still continue to draw a card until you reach one that gives you a sense of closure. It is not meant as a fortuneteller but instead as a form of guidance. Like many alternative healing methods, the power of the cards is determined by the user’s receptivity.
Other factors to consider about oracle cards:
- Be patient: if oracle cards are completely new to you, you will very likely approach them with hesitation. You may not understand to read them right away. With practice the cards will become more enjoyable and helpful!
- Use intuition: our energy responds better to some buying choices then others. Let this be your guide to purchase a deck online. Even with a digital purchase, we are able to sense how we may feel about each deck and which resonates most closely with us.
- Ask others: to practice reading the cards you can do readings and interpretations for your friends and families, or draw for yourself and ask a loved one their interpretation of the cards. You are more likely to continue this healing practice if you include family and friends in your journey.
In-Depth Instruction on Reading Oracle Cards:
Although some people may be skeptical of oracle cards due to a lack of understanding, many can find healing and comfort in these cards. They can be used to confirm your sense of intuition and provide guidance in times of anxiety, and can be added to a Reiki or meditation practice. Like other healing practices, you can take what you resonate with and leave the rest. Thanks in advance for leaving a comment below and please pin and share this article if you find it helpful in any way 🙂