There is an ancient Aboriginal saying: “Traveler, there are no paths. Paths are made by walking.” Forge your own healing path and ignite your passion for playing healing instruments such as crystal singing bowls or tuning forks by learning to play the didgeridoo. Here you will find a carefully crafted buyers guide to finding the best didgeridoo for beginners: all the info you need to begin your spiritually healing didgeridoo journey.
What is the best didgeridoo for beginners to buy? Our pick is the #1 ranked Hand-fired Modern Didgeridoo that includes a dipped beeswax mouthpiece. Based on your particular desires for what you want your new didgeridoo to deliver, you have to choose the one that is just right for you.
We’ve researched and discovered the six top-rated didgeridoos for beginners as well as one to avoid.
Reviews of the 6 Best Didgeridoos for Beginners, Plus 1 to Avoid
This gorgeous didgeridoo boasts deep, earthy tones with beautiful harmonies. A natural looking style will draw you into this the Fire Etched Modern Didgeridoo. Because of the customized fit, this didgeridoo bellows vibrations that gently soothe your mind, body, and soul. This didge does great on the road or with wild children running through its sound baths, as it is virtually indestructible. It’s stronger than wood, yet at a glance it’s difficult to tell that it is not wooden. That’s right—no trees were harmed for the materials it took to create this didgeridoo.
These didgeridoos are extra lightweight, and they thrive in any environmental condition. Each tube is hand-etched and individually made with polymer, jute, and beeswax. The wood-like appearance of these tubes is accented by bands of wrapped jute twine to maximize the comfort of holding the instrument, and add to the authenticity of its style. These are great for beginners because they are super lightweight, and have beeswax-dipped mouthpieces. The way they fit against the player’s lips makes producing nice, full-bodied tones a piece of cake. For someone in the market for a great didgeridoo, but who wants to take that first step without breaking the bank, this product is one of the best didgeridoos for beginners on a budget. It would also make a great addition to any existing didgeridoo collection because of its versatility.
These instruments produce healing vibrations with a depth that feels ancient, and they are even covered by warranty. These modern didgeridoos make dabbling in this ancient art of sound healing accessible to anyone, too. This is the best didgeridoo deal out there to date. That’s why they are number one on our list of best didgeridoos for beginners.
To watch the Hand-fired Modern Didgeridoo Beeswax Mouthpiece Easy Player Review on YouTube, click here.
- Each one is individually inspected and tested before shipping. Only those products that meet the highest quality standards are shipped.
- The didgeridoo is 45.5″ tall and 1.5″ wide. Super lightweight and ideal for someone who is just starting out.
- The artistic blend of natural and synthetic materials makes this authentically-styled didgeridoo stronger than the traditional wooden version.
- The mouthpiece is fitted and sized for playability. The dark beeswax the mouthpieces are dipped in allows for a solid seal between lips and didge.
- Each of these didgeridoos sold benefits the Africa Heartwood Project.
- Not made of wood. (which may not even sustain the judgement of con after trying the Hand-Fired Modern Didgeridoo)
This unique didgeridoo is the most compact option. For someone who is searching for that perfect didgeridoo they can take anywhere, this is the one! The S-shaped didgeridoo is crafted out of solid mahogany and produces a top-quality sound that leaves listeners resonating with the vibrations from within. There is no doubt that this beautiful handmade instrument will soothe the souls of its audience with its rich, layered tones.
After comparing this didgeridoo to several others, it is obvious why this one made our list. It can be played just as one plays a traditional didgeridoo, or really put some umph into it for a more full-bodied sound akin to that of the buffalo horn. Each of these solid mahogany didgeridoos is completely one of a kind. Add some fun tribal designs for and even more unique didge that really stands out. This amazing variation of a centuries-old type of instrument is perfect for all music lovers and sound healers alike.
At only 19” in length and 12” in width, this is the didgeridoo you will take everywhere with you. With such a travel friendly design and resonant sound, this didgeridoo is, without a doubt, one of the best didgeridoos for beginners on the market.
Adding this element to your vibration creating collection will broaden the scope of your art and help you connect with the divine through deep internal vibrations. This professional-quality sound brought to you by One Thousand Artisans is a certified Fair Trade item, and is a brilliant, versatile way to delve into the magic vibrational art of playing the didgeridoo.
To watch the S-Shaped Didgeridoo SOLID MAHOGANY Wood Didgeridoo Review on YouTube, click here.
- This Didge can be played in a variety of ways.
- The unique size of the instrument makes it great for travel, and some think it’s specific curved design enhances airflow to create a better sound.
- 19″ high and 12″ wide, this handmade didgeridoo is one of a kind with the option to add tribal motifs for an enhanced aesthetic.
- Fair trade item.
- Anyone can appreciate the depth of sound generated by the rich mahogany body of this didgeridoo.
- Non-traditional style.
- A little more on the expensive end of the spectrum, but definitely worth it.
- Wood lends lower durability and possibly decreased consistency of sound.
Another amazing yet very affordable option, it’s no wonder this Didgeridoo made this list as one of the best didgeridoos for beginners on a budget. Here, MEINL brings us one of the best ways to begin an exciting journey with a beautiful bamboo version of this awesome Australian healing art.
As one of the oldest known instruments ever created, the didgeridoo is appreciated worldwide for its healing sound. This bamboo didge will not disappoint with its soothing sound and traditional feel. The specialized bamboo design creates an incredible droning vibration and bathes its listeners in an earthen sound unlike any other. The lulling layers of harmony within the sound of this didge allow anyone to pick it up and sound like a pro. Let this hand painted work of art take you to the bush of Northern Australia with its deep enchanting melody.
The circular breath it takes to really master this instrument is so good for overall health and wellness that the player benefits not only from its healing sound, but also from the creation of the sound. This Didgeridoo is definitely a win-win from any angle, boasting the option to add a beeswax mouthpiece should the player want to experiment with different methods and sounds.
While the mouthpiece is not necessary to play this didge, it is pretty cool that there are options for progression as the player refines their mastery of the instrument. There are basically zero limitations with this didgeridoo, and it makes for a great option for anyone looking to get started with this ancient artform.
To watch the Meinl Percussion DDG1-BK 47″ Bamboo Didgeridoo with Hand Painted Native Design Review on YouTube, click here.
- Bamboo shell makes it easy to make a sound with authentic depth.
- Easy to play for all levels of mastery.
- No Mouthpiece required, but can be easily added if the player desires.
- Versatile and globally recognized sound stands alone or adds depth to any other musical performance or vibrational practice.
- The hand painted design on a black finish echoes the traditional native artwork of the didgeridoo
- One of the longer didges on our list, so not as easy to travel with or to play in small spaces.
- Bamboo can be less durable on its surface, but minor wear and tear does not affect the quality of sound.
- Does require the use of circular breath for play.
This Toca version of the North Australian didgeridoo is beautiful and highly functional, which is why it also made our list of best didgeridoos for beginners of 2023. This didgeridoo is molded from synthetic materials into a sensuous curve capable of creating that undulating sound for which the didgeridoo is renown.
From the beginner who is searching for their first didgeridoo, to a pro who is looking for an outdoor companion, this didgeridoo had something to offer anyone on the spectrum of instrumental mastery. The curved model offers a traditional aesthetic, authentic style, and full-bodied depth of sound; a didgeridoo that is complete with everything you need to get started on your didgeridoo adventure, or to add to your collection.
This design mimics the typical bamboo model, but boasts the extra durability and resistance to damage given by the specialized synthetic materials. In this gorgeous hand painted instrument, you will find an enchanting, rich tone with the consistency that only a synthetic didgeridoo can provide. The nice D-note drone is never altered by dry or humid conditions, and is almost completely weatherproof. If you are looking to go outside with your didge and connect more deeply with the earth through its evocative vibrating sounds, this is the perfect didgeridoo for you.
The Toca didge is one of the best didgeridoos for beginners overall, with a middle-of-the road price point, high quality sound, and lightweight functionality. It is the didgeridoo you can take out of the box and play immediately, even if you are just starting out.
To watch the Toca DIDG-CG Curved Didgeridoo Review on YouTube, click here.
- Curved tube, 50″ inches in length.
- Fun gecko design popping with color.
- Weatherproof shell, great for the outdoors!
- Great for beginners.
- Hand painted and one of a kind.
- Trusted Toca percussion brand
- Synthetic materials are less traditional than the typical wood design.
- Not quite as easy to find for sale.
- One of the longest didges on the list, making it more difficult to travel with.
We already know a didgeridoo just in itself is a great conversation starter, but this one takes it to the next level. The amazing natural appearance of this didgeridoo is so beautiful in its simplicity, it will have people wondering what story of your Aboriginal journey brought it into your possession.
The authentic look of this instrument is entirely unmatched, which is why we put it on our list as one of the best didgeridoos for beginners on the market. It is so beautiful and just positively radiating with the glow of nature that it even makes a gorgeous addition to the décor of your home, yoga studio, restaurant, classroom, etc. The supreme finish on this singular solid piece of eucalyptus wood shines with authenticity as it produces deep, earthen tones perfect for vibrational healing and sound therapy. The connection to nature that this ancient Australian artform is designed to facilitate just feels easier when the sound comes from a piece that looks as if the chief carried to the gathering himself.
These didgeridoos are produced by hand and must withstand rigorous quality assurance testing before they are approved for retail sales and shipped out. Each one is mindfully crafted by artists who care about the playability and quality of sound that every individual didgeridoo produces. This special attention to detail makes these didgeridoos one of a kind.
All of the wood is harvested legally from environmentally sustainable eucalyptus, and crafted into a solid shell. Add one of these unique beauties to your collection, or begin your didgeridoo journey with this African eucalyptus didgeridoo.
To watch the 60″ Djembe Bongo Hand Carved Out of Eucalyptus African Didgeridoo Didjeridu Aboriginal Dot Art Design Review on YouTube, click here.
- Great, usable instrument, or use as worldly décor.
- Suitable for children or adults.
- Striking attention to detail.
- unique and authentic natural design.
- Solid wood is more susceptible to wear and tear.
- This didge might be hard to travel with, because it is the longest on the list.
- Due to the one-of-a-kind nature of these didges, you never really know exactly what you’re going to get.
This is a beautiful version of one of the oldest music-making tools known to mankind. This 47” bamboo didgeridoo makes the list as one of the best didgeridoos for beginners overall. Each of these didgeridoos is an individual work of art, beautifully hand painted with colorful designs. The instrument delivers the renown resonating sound of a bamboo didgeridoo, with a lightweight functionality and stylish appearance. The overtones that weave in and out of the deep drone really help beginners achieve that authentic Australian sound.
They are super easy for beginners to play, which is why we endorse them here as a great place to start for anyone newly embarking on their didgeridoo journey. The didgeridoo is just such a fun instrument to experiment with that it makes a great addition to any musical collection.
A didge that is accessible to beginners gives this instrument the allure of enabling its player to tap into the healing sounds of its music without being a professional musician. This particular didgeridoo is particularly great for beginners as it can be used either with or without a mouthpiece. MEINL offers this state-of-the-art didgeridoo to players of all levels, however, as it creates high quality professional sounds.
The tones that emanate from this amazing bamboo didgeridoo will sound great in any setting, whether in a room dedicated to sound therapy, or recorded on a modern music track. Each of these lightweight didgeridoos come hand painted with authentic native designs and are ready to be played as soon as they arrive.
To watch the Meinl Didgeridoo 47″ Bamboo Shell in Red with Hand Painted Native Design Review on YouTube, click here.
- Hand crafted bamboo with unique painted designs
- Easy to play, designed with the beginner in mind!
- Great for musical experimentation.
- No mouthpiece needed to play, so no extra purchases are necessary.
- Great price for didgeridoo players on a budget.
- Each is covered by a 2-year warranty.
- Wood can break down and crack, etc. over time
- The nature of wood is not weatherproof, therefore holds the potential for inconsistencies in the sound of the instrument.
We believe that the healing sounds of the didgeridoo project striking resonant vibrations with the potential to heal mind, body, and spirit. Yet, after our research so far, we now know that not all didgeridoos are created equal.
Above we listed the six didgeridoos that come highly recommended. This teak wood didgeridoo, however, has made it to the list of best didgeridoos for beginners as one to avoid. These instruments are undeniably pretty and boast colorful, one-of-a-kind designs, but on further examination have landed at the bottom of our list for a few reasons. This Fair Trade item is handmade but heavy.
These Didgeridoo are nice, but can be a little but clumsy and cumbersome. At a full 5 pounds, not everyone will be able to maneuver the instrument successfully. Much less travel with it. This Didgeridoo makes a very beautiful sound, yet mastery of the circular breath is essential for play. It isn’t a great didge to begin playing around on in an attempt to learn the circular breath it takes to be a real pro at playing the didgeridoo. In fact, it seems that the only way to get a great sound out of this didgeridoo is to pretty much be a pro. That is the most significant reason it is on our list as one of the worst didgeridoos for beginners on the market.
Although it is a nicely crafted piece, the instrument just isn’t easy for a beginner to play. We just can’t recommend this Didgeridoo for beginners. However, we continue to maintain respect for its makers as well as for the instruments themselves.
To watch the Didgeridoo Hand Painted Teak Wood Professional Sound XLARGE SIZE 52″ JIVE BRAND Review on YouTube, click here.
- Fair Trade item
- Handmade and one-of-a-kind
- Reports of item arriving in poor condition
- Can be very hard to play for a beginner
- Accomplished skill with circular breath required for successful playing of the instrument.
2023 Buyers Guide to the Best Didgeridoo for Beginners
The ancient healing sounds of the didgeridoo have been respected and sought after for centuries. Today with manufacturing technology and evolving e-commerce, this once precious commodity has become more and more widespread. If you want to join the many who have purchased a didgeridoo online here are three main factors for consideration before diving into the process of buying a didgeridoo.
First, choose your purpose. Why are you considering the purchase of a didgeridoo? Second, what specific details are important to you? Last, think about how much you want to spend on your new instrument. When moving forward with the purchasing of a new didgeridoo, all of these factors play a key role in helping you decide which one is right for you.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- What is your purpose for purchase? – Why are you buying a didgeridoo? Are you hoping to take it with you as you travel from place to place? Is it going to be in a yoga studio or outside at the drum jam? Or maybe you are wanting a piece of art that stands alone as décor whether it is played or not. No matter what your purpose, once you narrow down your true reasons for purchasing a didgeridoo, it is much easier to also narrow down your choices.
- What details are most important to you? – Do you want a larger didgeridoo that will stay in one place and be played for gatherings as an aid for sound therapy or vibrational healing? Do you want a natural look or bright colorful designs? Do you want a true wooden model, or a durable synthetic didgeridoo? There are many details to consider when buying a new didge, so make a list of the ones that matter most to you and make your choice based on that list.
- How much money do you want to spend? – Didgeridoo prices can range from less than $30.00 to well over $100.00 and the amount you want to invest will play a key role in the decision-making process. There are definitely great deals out there. If you don’t want to break the bank, it is still entirely possible to find a high-quality didgeridoo on a budget. But, if you want something fancy you can definitely pay a higher price for certain desirable details and extras.
Is it hard to learn to play the didgeridoo?
Almost anyone can learn to play the didgeridoo. If you can exhale with any force at all, then a beautiful resonating sound is within your reach. Once you purchase a didgeridoo you will find that it is a fun and exciting learning process. It is not difficult, and all of the amazing benefits you get from the playing and listening make any time and effort put into learning well worth it.
How do you play a didgeridoo step by step?
First, get comfortable. Find a good position you can maintain for a while. Then press your lips against the didgeridoo at the narrow end and create a seal. Holding your lips together slightly, exhale into the tube and hear your sound! After a while, you can begin to incorporate a circular breath. This just means learning to inhale through the nose as you push air out of your mouth at the same time. Most important, have fun! Enjoy the learning process and bathe in the benefits of this powerful healing instrument.
Best Didgeridoos for Beginners (2023 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Didgeridoo for Beginners
After all our research on didgeridoos, we have found these six that are the best didgeridoos for beginners. From huge natural pieces to compact, travel-sized instruments with colorful designs, they are all beautiful and alluring in their own way.